مساحة إعلانية

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.

الخميس، 1 مايو 2014

Count On Cars

Hi friends... it is Friday! Sorry to gloat, I know a lot of you are still on Thursday. You can have your turn of making me feel bad on Sunday, when I am on Monday. 

I wanted to share some photos of a new game I made "Count On Cars". Why? Because I love red cars. 

But more, because I love 'counting-on'. 

Counting-on with cute red cars. Could it BE any better? 

Seriously, its after midnight here, just play along. 

Truth be told, I am intrigued by the challenge of getting my firsties to really take a solid grasp of that concept. 

If you want to know what I am talking about, sit down with one of your students and assess their strategies for addition. Show them 6 counters, hide them under a piece of paper, give them another 3, hide them under another piece of paper, and get them to tell you the total. Ask them to tell you how they know this. How did they count? Did they start form 1 or from 6? Did they use their fingers to assist?

This simple task will tell you valuable information. Those just beginning to remember to count-on (that is, say 6, 7, 8, 9) to find the total, will still perhaps use their fingers to count.

This little game will help move them progress and strengthen their 'counting-on' strategy. Once printed, you cut the cards and then have students match the pieces. They need to find the missing addend that will make the total in the yellow circle on each car - using the counting on strategy. The visual support of the dot pattern arrangement will hopefully encourage them to start thinking of something other than their fingers to count - and start visualising!



I made this game this week to add into and boost the content of my "Counting On Addition Pack". Along with the 3 exisiting activities in this bundle, you can sequence an introduction to the concept of counting-on. Find it in my store by clicking on the image below. 



I am also in the process of updating many of my freebies - you can get instant alerts on my Facebook page to keep track of more. This Scrappy Summer Seahorse clipart set is one I updated tonight. 


In the style of my friend Laureen over at Teach with Laughter ( I have a huge teacher crush on her resources - amazing let me tell you) - I want to give a copy of my Counting On Addition Pack to the first 2 people that leave a comment here on this post!  Just leave your name and email and I will send it to you!


 

Thanks for stopping by! 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لــ: المتخصص - ELmot5ss 2016 © تصميم : كن مدون