مساحة إعلانية

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.

الثلاثاء، 24 سبتمبر 2013

Pinning - Fine Motor and Phonics Fun!


Here are a few of the 'pinning pages' I have been using for the last 12 years! They have been around a long time and were given to me by a colleague in my first year of teaching. Hand drawn, tried and tested, they have been a favourite of mine.  'Pinning' was something that was not exactly covered in my university studies of education, and I have to admit, when I was introduced to it, I was a little sceptical. How wrong was I!! My students LOVED it! I have to say, it is not something I use in prime learning time or something I do every day (or week for that matter). It has been a perfect way to help cranky, agitated students relax and refocus. It helps with fine motor coordination. Once finished, they make a great window display in the classroom. Some of my students have also very much enjoyed the sensory experience of running their finger along the lines created at the back of  the page when its finished. 


I have made a brand spanking new set of 'Pinning Pages' for my TpT store. Just print of the relevant page. Staple it to the front of a coloured piece of paper. 


Provide your students with a drawing pin (push pin) - I like the 'jumbo' ones. Show them how to work on a soft surface or stack of newspaper. You will need to demonstrate and emphasise the safety rules of working with pins. I like to tell my students that I am trusting them with a very special 'grown-up activity' as a reward for being so well behaved, and that I would be terribly sad if they let me down my using the pins inappropriately. I show them that we always point the pin down, and never move around the classroom with it. I also emphasise the importance of putting the pin away correctly when the activity is finished. I have never had any problems with this activity after a thorough  mini-lesson on safety. 


Students push their pin through each dot on the page to create a small hole. Then once finished, the white cover paper is removed to reveal the design.

This spider is just one design out of 26 included in my new "A-Z Pinning Pages" product. Click the image below t o find it! 


If you would like to try out this activity, why not download this FREE pumpkin from Google Drive  and have a go 'pinning' with your class!?


Thanks for stopping by! 



ليست هناك تعليقات:

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لــ: المتخصص - ELmot5ss 2016 © تصميم : كن مدون